sábado, 10 de setembro de 2011

Bill Shankly

"I am very pleased and proud to have been chosen as manager of Liverpool FC, a club of such great potential. This appointment is a challenge to me. It is my opinion that Liverpool have a crowd of followers which rank with the greatest in the game. They deserve success and I hope, in my small way, to be able to do something towards helping them achieve it. When the challenge was made to me I simply could not refuse to accept it."

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

"You’re going to win because you’re the best team. Leeds are honoured to be on the same field as you. AND you’re not going to disappoint the greatest supporters in the world. If necessary - and it won’t be - you should be prepared to die for them."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário